Who is she? A photographer tell-all… or some
How well do you know your photographer? Possibly not very well so let’s get acquainted. Here are 10 things you may not know about me… or maybe you do know everything and in that case you can stop reading. Just kidding, keep going. I didn’t write this for you to give up.
1. Sarcasm is my language of choice.
2. Pizza is life!
3. My husband was actually one of my brother’s best friends and I stole him. #sorrynotsorry. We have been together for half of my life. We are polar opposites in many ways, but we do share a love of sarcasm. I kinda like him (insert winky face).
4. I have two kids; a 3 year old boy named Wyatt and an almost 7 year old girl named Emmelyn (Emme for short). They keep life loud and crazy and full.
5. I don’t like coffee… I can already hear the disapproving remarks. You are asking yourself “but how do you survive the day with two insane children?” That is a very good question. I am going on 7 years of exhausted #mombie status. I have permanent dark circles under my eyes and I can’t remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday. So… life is good. Or a giant blur of chaos. You decide. No matter how much I try I can’t make myself like coffee though.
6. I’m a lefty. My husband loves to say “wrong handed” at which point he gets a nice little punch. It plays a part in my creative nature so I embrace it.
7. Any way I can be creative is therapy for me. Enter photography. It allows me to think outside the box, try new things and helps me grow and better myself. I don’t just enjoy photography though. I also enjoy writing, painting, interior design, and the list goes on (all for personal enjoyment, not as a profession). I just bought a new house so currently am in a remodel/redecorate phase.
8. Huge procrastinator right here!! See the last point and note that I have tried a lot of different things. I put them down and say I’ll get back to it later. Add procrastination to a lazy personality and you get a lot of unfinished stuff. Oh well! Take this blog for example. I have been meaning to start one since my son was born. He’s 3. I take pride in my procrastination and have some good examples of how it suits me so don’t judge.
9. I can be socially awkward and I have anxiety. This could be broken out into 2, but they go hand in hand for me. Surprisingly, I find that with a camera in my hand it all seems so much more manageable. Being the person behind the camera gives me a purpose and also something to do with my hands.
10. Recently I have discovered a love for running. OK, maybe running isn’t the right word. That sh*t is hard. BUT I am working towards it and would like to enter a 5K or 10K in the future. See the note on procrastination and give me 5 years before you call me out on it though. For now I’ll work on my walk/jog/run.
There you go. 10 things you may not have known about me. Did you learn something? I’d love to know who is actually reading this and maybe something I don’t know about you so comment with a fun fact or write me a poem. You’re choice.
Also since this is my first blog, I’d love some ideas on what you’d like to hear from me in the future. Want to know about a recent project I’m working on at home since I just bought a new house? Or how to do something with your camera so you can start shooting manual? Post a comment, send me a message, talk to me in person and let me know your thoughts so I can keep this going.